Letter from the Editor 2018-2019

Letter from the Co-editor.

OCSA Ledger

Letter from the Co-editor.

Mackenzie Riley, Editor

At a time where it seems print is dead and fake news is rampant, I was hesitant to take a leap into journalism. Over the time I’ve spent working on the OCSA Ledger staff, I’ve learned that now, more than ever, is the perfect time for me to take that leap. When I first considered taking the position as the editor I was terrified of not living up to the precedent set for me by my peers. Now that I have met with my staff and begun planning I am confident that this paper will expand far beyond Mr. Capley’s portable.
I am eager to see where this position takes me and where I can take this paper. I hope to bring The Ledger into the spotlight because high school students deserve to know what is occurring in their world and on their campus. Personally, I hope to contribute to the art of news and to my community.
Leading the first complete year with our digital format is going to be a challenge for me, technology and I do not get along, but it is a challenge I will overcome and embrace. With this relatively new and definitely improved way of reporting The Ledger will be more timely, accessible, and personal to OCSA than before.
I am so proud to serve as your editor for the 2018-2019 school year and I am so proud of this newspaper. Do not hesitate to leave a comment or contact one of our staff members with any comments or concerns.