Broadway Sends a Kiss to Parkland

From Broadway Records

From Broadway Records

Loran Massey, Reporter

This oncoming Monday, 4.16.18, Broadway will be hosting a benefit concert in honor of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas (MSD) High School students and staff after the Parkland tragedy.

Taking place in the BB&T Center in Sunrise, FL, From Broadway With Love: A Benefit Concert for Parkland, USA will feature various Broadway and TV stars with accompanying South Florida Symphony for the performance, as well as some of the MSD students themselves. To see a complete list of the current stars that will be performing, check out the concert’s page on Broadway Records’ website. There will be musical performances (some written by the students in collaboration with various New York theatrical composers, others written by the students themselves), a speech from both the stars and the students, and a performance by Jaime Guttenberg’s dance troupe in honor of her memory. Tickets are still on sale on ticketmaster.com for $50 a ticket.

10,000 tickets have been donated to MSD students and staff, and net proceeds (after royalties and artist fees) will all be donated to Marjory Stoneman Douglas Victims’ Fund and Shine MSD. Another fundraising page has also been set up at www.crowdrise.com/parkland, and CD and DVD recordings of the concert will be available at BroadwayRecords.com and Amazon.com. Donating to this page with any amount of $50 or more guarantees you a free CD, DVD, or Blu-ray once available.

This benefit is co-directed by Michael Unger and Kenny Howard. Michael J. Mortiz will be the show’s music director and conductor and lead orchestrations by Kim Scharnberg. It is also produced by Van Dean, Yael Silver, Joyce Arbucias, Kenny Howard, Andrea Canny, Chris Yakubchik, and both Broadway Records.