Kyle Clinkscales Car Was Found 45 Years After His Disappearance

Kyle+Clinkscales+car+was+found+after+45+years+of+his+disappearance.+

oregonlive.com

Kyle Clinkscales car was found after 45 years of his disappearance.

Keith Behrend, Reporter

Forty-five years ago, a student at Auburn University strangely disappeared. At around 11pm on the night of January 27, 1976, Kyle Clinkscales disappeared after being seen at Moose Club, a local bar that he worked at. According to MSN News, “Clinkscales was driving a Ford Pinto Runabout at the time of his disappearance.”

After years of the police searching lakes and creeks for Kyle, his mother Louise and his father John got a mysterious call in March of 2005. The person on the phone claimed to be a 7-year-old that thought he had seen Kyle being buried in a cement filled barrel, then dumped into a pond. The pond he was allegedly dumped in, was near a salvage yard belonging to a man called Ray Hyde, who had apparently been a local car thief.

On Tuesday, December 7th, someone was driving by a creek and saw the door of a Ford Pinto Runabout sticking out of the water. When the police got there, they found all of Clinkscales ID cards and human bones. They are DNA testing the bones to see if they are Kyles. In that lake there was no cement barrel to be found. Currently the police are trying to figure out if Clinkscales was murdered and dumped in the creek, or he just had an accident while driving.

Kyle was 22 years old when he vanished, his mother Louise died early this year. Louise died thinking that someone had murdered her son and dumped him into a pond. Kyle’s father John died in 2007. Before he passed, he wrote and published a book called Kyle’s Story: Friday Never Came.