Creative Writing Returns to the Stage

Freestocks.org

Poets will take their pieces to the stage.

Ruby Carrero-Pomales, Reporter

After four years ago from the bright lights of OCSA, Creative Writing will shine tonight, January 19th, 2022, with their spoken word event, “Joy to the Word.” Joy to the Word is a celebration of creativity. It’s meant to commemorate the art of writing and using your words to spread the brilliant ideas manifested in one’s mind.

In an interview with Creative Writing director and event organizer, Mignon Austin, she was asked how it felt to be back on the stage after four years away. “It’s pretty dog on great. You know the pandemic did a number on all of us. But I think one thing is, we as Creative Writers… went to our art. I see a lot of people… really have been a lot more productive artistically because that was where they found their souls, that was where they found their comfort, that is where they found their escape. So, to be able to kind of share that journey with audiences and to come together in this celebration of this beautiful thing that has been there for us in the pandemic I think it’s just a blessing.”

There will be 13 students performing at the spoken word, it will most likely run for an hour.

Feel free to come and celebrate Joy to the Word with us tonight! The event will be at 6 P.M. and last about an hour. It’s free so anyone can go, however if you feel so inclined you may leave a greatly appreciated donation!