Mrs. Swann Gato Glitter- How it Began

OCSA English teacher, Chelsea Swann, runs a small business called Gato Glitter.

GatoGlitter

Laura Sandoval- Segura, Reporter

OCSA teacher, Mrs. Swann, sells make up glitter in her small business Gato Glitter. “When the pandemic started, I had to stop wearing a full face of makeup because I didn’t like how it felt like under a mask.” Mrs. Swann stated. This inconvenience inspired her to try something new she saw on social media: cosmetic glitter. She bought it and didn’t like how it dried so she began to make her own. The batches were so big that she started to give her students some of the cosmetic glitter.

In a conversation with her husband, she realized that people might have an interest in buying her glitter. Now, Mrs. Swann has an Etsy, GatoGlitter, where she sells packs of cosmetic glitter. Her collection includes pairs and glitters with a theme. All glitters have matching packaging and a unique name.

“I do have to credit the students for blowing me up,” Swann says. OCSA students have been very supportive and have purchased large amounts of her glitter. During color wars, an OCSA event, Gato Glitter sponsored the junior class. According to Mrs. Swann, the senior class doesn’t fall behind and both classes are the very supportive of her small business.

Go visit Mrs. Swann at @gatoglitter on Instagram and Tiktok to show some support. Prices range depending on the pack, but the common single glitter is $10.