Movies to Look Forward to in 2023!

Creative Commons

A movie theater soon to be filled with people watching the new movies in 2023.

Reese Kanyuh, Reporter

With the coming of the new year, there are tons of projects in the works. Broadway shows, plays, games, and more. More specifically, we’ve got a ton of movies coming up, and a lot to look forwards to. Contrary to previous years, we’re getting a lot of original stories and themed content as well as additions to beloved series. So, with that, here are the upcoming movies for 2023.

In 2023, some of the action movies coming out are “Transformers: Rise of the Beast,” “Mission Impossible – Dead Reckoning,” “Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3,” “The Marvels’, ‘Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny,” “The Flash,” “Shazam! Fury of the Gods,” “Wonder Woman 3,” “Dungeons & Dragons: Honor among Thieves,” and “The Hunger Games: The Ballad of the Songbirds and Snakes.” A lot of these are exiting new additions to series that we already love. Like the new Marvel and Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Some of these are deep dives into well-known characters, like the new Flash movie and the third Wonder Woman movie.

There are also quite a few horror movies coming out in 2023. We’re getting a lot of Crime, Thriller, and Horror movies, which include “Killers of the Flower Moon (a crime-based movie),” “Final Destination 6,” “Knock at the Cabin,” “M3gan,” “The Last Train to New York,” “The Exorcist,” “Renfield,” “The Meg 2: The Trench,” “Scream 6,” “Bad Seeds of Loving Spring,” “Laughter in the Dark,” and “The Church of Living Dangerously.” Some of the incredibly popular horror movies are keeping up their streaks by making the sixth of their series. Like “Scream 6” and “Final Destination 6.” This category also has a lot of original projects from smaller production companies, which a lot of students are excited about this year.

Our final category is the other movies of notice, like the live action “The Little Mermaid,” which had gained itself some controversy already. We’ve got a new Star Trek movie, which is currently untitled, “Barbie,” “Wonka,” “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them 4,” “Legally Blonde 3,” “The Super Mario Bros. Movie,” and “Haunted Mansion.”

9th grade Vocal Major Sarah Desouza said, “I’m looking forwards to them since those are some of my favorite things. I’m excited to see the development of topics I already love.”

All things said, there are going to be more movies coming out that we don’t know about yet. We’re looking forward to all the new advances from the series we love, as well as the smaller projects. The representation from smaller artists is amazing to see. Hopefully, movies like these will get popular and be shown in theaters as we enter 2023. And with that, happy watching.