Osceola College and Career Fair 2023

The+Osceola+College+Career+Flyer+with+all+the+information+for+the+event+

https://www.osceolaschools.net/collegefairs

The Osceola College Career Flyer with all the information for the event

Jocelyn Chavez Zapata, Reporter

The 2023 Osceola College & Career Fair will take place on February 21, from 5:00pm to 7:00pm and will be hosted at Osceola High School. The event organized by the Osceola District and an organization called ScholarTrek will have several colleges, universities, vocational schools, employers, and organizations there on the spot for students and families to check out.

“So, it’s a college and career fair, so there’ll be a lot of colleges, in state, out of state colleges there…information about admissions, information about their programs, scholarships,” explained Mrs. Karen Gill, the college and career counselor. “Also, there’s a career portion to the fair where there’s going to be employers, so we’re going to encourage probably juniors and seniors looking for jobs and internships to go ahead and prepare themselves, bring a resume, dress appropriately because they may be able to make connections on the spot with some employers. The military is also going to be there incase that’s an option as well.”

The event is free and open to the public, but it is required for people to pre-register before attending the event. You can register for the event at “scholartrek.com/osceola”. “There is going to be a link, that is going to be sent out in remind and on social media so that way when you register you are able to see the list of colleges and employers that will be and they’re adding every day so it will be a big event,” added Mrs. Gill, who will be sending out more information about the event in the next few weeks on remind.

In addition to the colleges and internships opportunities, the students will be offered sessions where they will be informed and taught skills that will help them in college related subjects. Mrs. Gill explains how “there is going to be breakout sessions, so there may be a session on financial aid, there may be a session on essay writing so they’re organizing workshops that we know that the students may be able to benefit from.”

“This time around we haven’t had a college fair probably in a long time pre covid, so this time around its housed at Osceola High School because we think its centrally located and the different thing about it this year is trying to remove barriers,” she added.

As we get closer to the day of the event Mrs. Gill will have more information about the event and will have a fieldtrip organized for the event. “The district is going to provide us with a bus, I’m going to open it up to Juniors and Seniors in case transportation is an issue because of the times, I’m going to be sending that information out. [The information] will be leaving here from 3:30pm and we will get back around 7-8pm, that way students have enough time to visit all the college booths [and] attend workshops as well.”

It’s been a few years since the district has organized this event so if you are interested in the event go to Mrs. Gill for more information about it and pre-register to attend the event!