First Watch Opening Near OCSA

A photo of First Watch, a major chain restaurant that is known for its breakfast and brunch items.

First Watch

Makenzie Pent, Reporter

With the recent developing of a new First Watch right near OCSA’s campus, there is now more than one option for a meal, not just Culver’s. But some may have questions on what First Watch is. One question being what the name ‘First Watch’ even means. A ‘first watch’ is a nautical term that refers to the very first shift of the day. And if you ask the crew at First Watch, it’s the best shift of the day. But following that concept, what is First Watch?

First Watch is a breakfast, brunch, and lunch restaurant chain. The restaurant is known for its made-to-order pancakes, omelets, and French toast, as well as serving salads, sandwiches, and burgers. They additionally offer gluten-free, vegan, organic, and vegetarian options. Along with the various food items available, First Watch acknowledges many people have various allergies. Chris Tomasso, the CEO of First Watch states “We’ve always been a people-first organization, and as we navigate through these unprecedented times, we try to allow for people to enjoy our food and not be confined by an allergy.” They offer a full allergen and nutrition guide on their website. First Watch stops serving breakfast at 11am every day. The newest location near OCSA will open April 24th.

It’s located at 3150 N Orange Blossom Trail. Which is only a 6-minute walk or drive from the OCSA campus. It is opened from 7am-2:30 pm (Monday-Sunday). It will have dine-in, takeout, delivery, or no-contact delivery as an option when ordering food. They additionally will have outside and indoor seating available.

But it’s not only the location that plays a part in choosing a place for food. Cost is another big factor. First Watch’s price ranges from the least expensive item being $2.22 and the most reaching $28.08. The average price from an item being $8.64.

The restaurant has many open spots for application. If a student needs a job, First Watch would be a good place to start looking at. With the easy commute and the distance from the school, managing the job should be easier than other jobs. First watch opening isn’t just an opportunity for work, but as most know, testing season has begun. With that, having a good and fulfilling meal for breakfast is vital.

Even if you’ve never been First Watch or never thought about it, it’s a good place to try at least once. And with the close proximity, it makes is easier to take a quick walk over to try it out.