Teacher Talent Show #success

OCSA teacher group dance. (Pictured from left to right: Mrs. Pageau, Mrs. Vicens, Mr. Clegg, Mr. Arrington, Ms. Taylor, Mrs. Collier)

Caroline Centeno, Reporter

On Friday, January 11, 2019, OCSA teachers performed in the first annual Teacher Talent Show fundraiser. The Class of 2021 hosted the talent show to raise money for next year’s Junior/Senior prom.

The show opened with Social Studies teacher Mrs. Pageau playing the piano and singing, followed by a series of vocal performances, a TED Talk, a comedic monologue, and a final show-stopping group dance. The fundraiser, created by the students, for the students, managed to raise nearly $600.

According to Mrs. Vicens, Sophomore class representative, the production was a product of students’ goal of hosting a great prom. She stated that it was the “idea of making everything possible to make our kid’s dreams come true” that enticed 9 teachers to perform.

Ms. Taylor, who delivered a well-received TED Talk, stated that while she never expected to take part in a show like this, “everyone should give it a shot.” In all, the show was a huge success, and planning for next year’s performances has already begun.