The OCSA Ledger

Get Ready for Prom 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Get Ready for Prom 2019

Angeliq Rigby, Reporter

On Saturday, April 13th, OCSA will hold it’s prom in the ballroom at the Rosen Centre Hotel. This week, From Monday to Wednesday, Juniors and Seniors can visit Mrs. Sloan’s office in the morning or during lunch to receive a nomination ballot. Students will be able to nominate one Senior for Prom King and Queen, and one Upperclassmen from each major who will make up the court; nominations will be closed off after lunch on Wednesday. The top 5 candidates for King and Queen and the top 2 or 3 candidates for each art area is planning on being announced on Friday and will be included on the official voting ballot on the night of prom.  

Mrs. Sloan describes this year’s prom as grand and says she was inspired to do it a different way this year because she wanted to create a prom experience that matched OCSA’s uniqueness. “No more paper crowns, no more Burger King hats or anything like that, we are going to reestablish what royalty means for OCSA.” She also said that while planning this event, she referred to a survey taken by students who attended last year’s prom to get rid of things people were displeased with and accentuate key factors many people liked. This year, students should expect a formal plated dinner, a good DJ, a dancefloor big enough for everyone to fit on, and a lot of scenery and places to take pictures.

Mrs. Sloan, however, did not reveal this year’s prom theme. “The full meaning behind prom is important to me, the whole tradition for prom is the Junior class putting on a huge surprise party for the seniors as they begin to exit for graduation which is the reason why the theme has not been released.” Although the theme isn’t being revealed anytime soon, she does confirm that this year’s prom will be a good one. “It is probably going to be the best prom OCSA has ever seen.” 

Prom tickets are on sale this week for $75, but the week after Spring Break, the price will go up to $85 and will continue to increase $10 each week. Students can buy their tickets at the front office.