The OCSA Ledger

Rapper Nipsey Hussle Has Been Shot and Killed by Aspiring Rapper, Eric Holder

Late rapper Nipsey Hussle

Kianna Styles

Late rapper Nipsey Hussle

Jay Baez, Reporter

The late rapper Nipsey Hussle, whose real name was Ermias Asghedom, was shot and killed outside of his South Los Angeles store around 3:20 p.m. and was later pronounced dead at the hospital. The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner says the rapper’s death is officially certified as a homicide, and that Nipsey died from gunshot wounds to the torso and head.

Though the motive of the murder is still unclear, it is clear that Nipsey was traveling to his store to help out a friend who just recently got released from jail after a 20-year sentence. Nipsey was traveling without his usual security team, trying to buy clothes at his L.A based store, along with the friend who got released from jail, and Nipsey’s nephew.

The suspect who was apprehended on Tuesday, Eric Holder, was reportedly seen multiple times entering and exiting the rapper’s clothing store, eventually speaking to the rapper before pulling out a handgun, shooting repeatedly, and eventually striking and killing the rapper.

Eric Holder, a 29-year-old aspiring rapper, was charged with one count of murder, two counts of attempted murder, and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon. Chris Darden, one of the prosecutors in the case of O.J. Simpson, entered a plea of not guilty. Judge Teresa T. Sullivan set Holder’s bail for $5 million.

Jay Baez, Reporter

Jay Baez is a Senior Creative Writer. She enjoys the fact that journalism helps her stay more in touch with the world than before. She loves to swim and...