City Arts Senior Art Show Is Here!

Raquel Perry, Reporter

The Osceola County School for the Arts will host their annual City Arts Senior Arts Show on Thursday, April 18th at City Arts Factory, 39 S. Magnolia Ave in Orlando. The artists will be displaying their talents for the community to admire their and they will also be selling a few pieces.  

Categories include painting, photography, drawings, mixed media, sculptures, and whatever category judges feel is necessary. There will be many different visual art styles such as Conceptual work, work that is emotional, experimental art, realism, abstract art, installations, and art that evokes identity, according to Mrs. Calderon, the visual art’s teacher at OCSA. First, second, and third place medals will be awarded in various divisions.  

Mrs. Calderon says,  “I look forward to seeing the artists in their element. I’m excited to see them in their environment like everyone asking them about their art. These students have been working hard for 4 years, so I’m happy that they can have a real-life experience of what it’s like to be a professional artist.” 

Ricky Durga, an art major at the OCSA says that he is most excited for having the opportunity to show in a professional gallery setting. In a field like visual arts, having real world exposure is probably just as important,if not more, than actually perfecting your skill.”

Everyone is encouraged to come to view amazing art.