BSU To Host ‘100 Years of Fashion’ Show!

The OCSA Black Student Union (BSU) Instagram account

The Osceola County School for the Arts’ Black Student Union will host a ‘100 Years of Fashion’ fashion show.

Brendan Guillen, Reporter

The Osceola County School for the Arts Black Student Union (OCSA BSU) will host a fashion show in the Expo hall on November 14th, 2019. The show begins at 6:30 p.m and the admission fee is $5 during the pre-sale, and $7 at the door.

Mohera Beason, a Senior Drama Major and member of the BSU, stated that the purpose of the fashion show is to demonstrate black beauty. “I first started really loving myself last year, I don’t want that for the sixth and seven graders.” The show will feature hair styles and clothing of the African American community from the 1920s to present day. “In different communities, hair is just hair, but not in the black community,” she later said.

Mr. Cross, an English Instructor on campus and head of the BSU, stated that he wants to make the fashion show an annual event. He stated “The proceeds will go to the BSU fund, since we are a newer organization on campus and we want to build our funds.”

Viewers are encouraged to dress fashionably, and the best dressed wins a Chick-Fil-A gift card, with others prizes ranging from swag bags, desserts and more. All are welcome to attend the show. We hope to see you there!