OCSA Band Department Given $44k from District

The Osceola County School for the Arts Band Department has received $44,000 from the Osceola County School District.

The Osceola County School for the Arts

Brendan Guillen, Reporter

The Osceola County School for the Arts Band Department received $44,000 from the Osceola County School District to pay for new uniforms for the first time.

“Every 9 years District sends funds to a high school in the county to pay for new uniforms,” Mr. Molineaux, our primary Middle School Band instructor, stated. “With this money we will be able to outfit the entire Band department from Middle to High School.” OCSA is unique in that we serve middle and high school students, so we count in the rotary system. Traditionally, the funds go to the individual school’s marching band, but due to OCSA’s lack of one, the funds go to the entire Band department

The new uniform will include black bow ties and cummerbunds alongside the tuxedo typically seen at OCSA Band events.

The system District employs rotates the funds through each school every 9 years. This is the first cycle that OCSA was involved in, as the school was founded 17 years ago. The last school to receive the rotated funds was Celebration High School.